Re: Preferences

Mr. Emery wrote:

> >I like that a lot, too. I love both of the CDs. They're just different mood CDs. Maybe not quite as much
> >as, say, _Automatic for the People_ (or _Up_, for that matter) and _Monster_, but they're definitely
> >different moods...
>
> I like _Monster_ a lot, but find I can't listen to it that often.
> Probably not as often as I should, at least.   I still haven't bitten
> on _Up_, and one of these days...

Oh, you should. Talk about "richly textured..."

> >> But let's face it.  Neither album is as good as my current selection.
> >> _Selling England By The Pound_ has to be one of the top ten albums of
> >> all time.  AND it's referenced in a Monk tune.  ;-)
> >
> >Okay. I'll take your word for it. :)>  No matter how we end up on the _The Bends_/_OKC_ debate, you'll
> >probably never sway me on the prog thing, Chris...
>
> Not that I'll ever stop trying.   Do I need to send you a
> Yes/Genesis/King Crimson compilation?  I might be able to fit 2 songs
> by each band all on one CD.
>
> Heh.

Heh. I have the Yes album with "Roundabout" on it and then _90125_ and _Big Generator_. And I know I'm a
"Yes heretic", but _Big Generator_ is probably my favourite of all of them... And that's all I have by any
of the three o' those bands...

> >> Layne, I hereby proclaim you the official welcomer.  Go to it.
> >
> >Well huh. That's not exactly the response I was expecting. Pretty big responsibility. I can only hope to
> >do my best to live up to it...
>
> I have faith in you.   You can do it.

Thanks, Chris. ;)>

> >np: Prince - _Sign o the Times_
>
> You have his first one?   A good album, that.

First one as in self-titled from about 1978? No. I have everything from then on until about _Diamonds and
Pearls_, though. His 80s output is absolutely amazing, imo.

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins