Re: Preferences

> > >I like that a lot, too. I love both of the CDs. They're just
different mood CDs. Maybe not quite as much
> > >as, say, _Automatic for the People_ (or _Up_, for that matter)
and _Monster_, but they're definitely
> > >different moods...
> >
> > I like _Monster_ a lot, but find I can't listen to it that often.
> > Probably not as often as I should, at least.   I still haven't
bitten
> > on _Up_, and one of these days...
>
> Oh, you should. Talk about "richly textured..."

i think that the last three r.e.m. albums are all incredible. my
favorite though, is "new adventures in hi fi." it's not RICHLY
TEXTURED, but it kicks ass. though i dig "up" a lot.

bleah.

> > >Okay. I'll take your word for it. :)>  No matter how we end up on
the _The Bends_/_OKC_ debate, you'll
> > >probably never sway me on the prog thing, Chris...
> >
> > Not that I'll ever stop trying.   Do I need to send you a
> > Yes/Genesis/King Crimson compilation?  I might be able to fit 2
songs
> > by each band all on one CD.
> >
> > Heh.
>
> Heh. I have the Yes album with "Roundabout" on it and then _90125_
and _Big Generator_. And I know I'm a
> "Yes heretic", but _Big Generator_ is probably my favourite of all
of them... And that's all I have by any
> of the three o' those bands...

layne, i agree. i think we might have simliar aesthetics when it comes
to rock. i think that genesis, yes, and kc are all filled with
talented musicians, but i get weary of the epiclike compositions.
and genesis started to suck after peter gabriel left.
peter gabriel...now there's a great musician....

i second that.

> > >Well huh. That's not exactly the response I was expecting. Pretty
big responsibility. I can only hope to
> > >do my best to live up to it...
> >
> > I have faith in you.   You can do it.

yeah, and if you can't, we have somebody to blame now....

np- "mellon collie and the infinite sadness (dsic 1)"- smashing
pumpkins.

book- "stealing jesus" bruce bawer