Re: Preferences

Dancing on a volcano, Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net> said:
>Mr. Emery wrote:
>> Dancing on a volcano, Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net> said:
>
>> You keep playing the 'richly textured' card, Layner.   One of the
>> things that gives TB the edge over OKC for me is the rawer sound.  The
>> vocals seem a little more forward in the mix, and I love the wall of
>> guitar like in the beginning of 'Planet Telex', and the slightly
>> tweaked acoustic that is spattered throughout the rest of the album.
>
>I like that a lot, too. I love both of the CDs. They're just different mood CDs. Maybe not quite as much
>as, say, _Automatic for the People_ (or _Up_, for that matter) and _Monster_, but they're definitely
>different moods...

I like _Monster_ a lot, but find I can't listen to it that often.
Probably not as often as I should, at least.   I still haven't bitten
on _Up_, and one of these days...

>> But let's face it.  Neither album is as good as my current selection.
>> _Selling England By The Pound_ has to be one of the top ten albums of
>> all time.  AND it's referenced in a Monk tune.  ;-)
>
>Okay. I'll take your word for it. :)>  No matter how we end up on the _The Bends_/_OKC_ debate, you'll
>probably never sway me on the prog thing, Chris...

Not that I'll ever stop trying.   Do I need to send you a
Yes/Genesis/King Crimson compilation?  I might be able to fit 2 songs
by each band all on one CD.

Heh.

>> >Not that I'm the official welcomer or anything, but welcome...
>>
>> Layne, I hereby proclaim you the official welcomer.  Go to it.
>
>Well huh. That's not exactly the response I was expecting. Pretty big responsibility. I can only hope to
>do my best to live up to it...

I have faith in you.   You can do it.

>np: Prince - _Sign o the Times_

You have his first one?   A good album, that.

--
NP: Genesis - _Selling England By The Pound_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery

Follow-Ups: References: