Re: Introduction

Dancing on a volcano, Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net> said:
>Mr. Emery wrote:
>> _OK Computer_ is ok, but I think it's overrated.   Just IMnsHO, of
>> course.   _The Bends_ is an underrated gem.   Besides, I've yet to
>> hear a song of theirs that tops 'Fake Plastic Trees', and the opening
>> of the album with 'Planet Telex' is really really cool.
>
>I guess I don't see _The Bends_ as underrated. At least not with people. In the reviews when it came
>out, maybe. But I know a lot of people who love that CD. Who love both of 'em, actually. I also really
>like "Planet Telex" as the opening. But "Airbag" is one of the best CD openings I've ever heard. And I'm
>not just being argumentative on that one. I've felt that way since the first time I pressed "play". It's
>just so ominous sounding. I like "FPT" okay, but "Street Spirit", "Just" and the first two songs are
>probably my favourites on the CD.

Don't get me wrong.   I like OKC.  I just don't think it stands up as
tall as _The Bends_ at the yardstick.   And FWIW, I haven't yet heard
any of the EPs more than once.

>> >"She told me she was Jim Morrison incarnate. A psychic on La Brea told her so..."
>>
>> "She asked me if I ever read Lolita..."
>
>"She lit a candle, then she blew it out and said the moon would do just fine..."

"As she stripped behind a wall of raining beads..."

PS - I dunno how much more of this song I can quote from memory.  I
may have to resort to liner notes.

PPS - Liner notes, or switch to 'Here Today Gone Tomorrow'

PPPS - IYKWIM

PPPPS - AITYD!

--
NP: Genesis - _Selling England By The Pound_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery

Follow-Ups: References: