Re: Introduction

Mr. Emery wrote:

> >Just out of curiosity, why do you feel this way? I mean, I think they're both amazing records. Two
> >of my favourites of the entire decade. Just you and my roommate are the only two I've heard say they
> >like _The Bends_ better.
>
> _OK Computer_ is ok, but I think it's overrated.   Just IMnsHO, of
> course.   _The Bends_ is an underrated gem.   Besides, I've yet to
> hear a song of theirs that tops 'Fake Plastic Trees', and the opening
> of the album with 'Planet Telex' is really really cool.

I guess I don't see _The Bends_ as underrated. At least not with people. In the reviews when it came
out, maybe. But I know a lot of people who love that CD. Who love both of 'em, actually. I also really
like "Planet Telex" as the opening. But "Airbag" is one of the best CD openings I've ever heard. And I'm
not just being argumentative on that one. I've felt that way since the first time I pressed "play". It's
just so ominous sounding. I like "FPT" okay, but "Street Spirit", "Just" and the first two songs are
probably my favourites on the CD.

> >> "Let's go to my room - I'll show my posters"
> >
> >"She told me she was Jim Morrison incarnate. A psychic on La Brea told her so..."
>
> "She asked me if I ever read Lolita..."

"She lit a candle, then she blew it out and said the moon would do just fine..."

> >:)>
>
> backatcha, slick.

Yup.

np: Prince - _Sign o the Times_

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins

Follow-Ups: References: