Re: Preferences

Dancing on a volcano, Layne Petersen <petersen at info2000_net> said:
>frillln at wku_edu wrote:
>> I am going have to end the debate.  I think _The Bends_ is not only
>> Radiohead's best album, but also one of my favorite all time albums.
>> Something about the fact that everyone thinks _OK Computer_ is their
>> best bothers me.  I rarely like anything that popular.
>
>Oh, that doesn't end any of the debate cuz people are always gonna disagree on this one. Why do you
>feel _The Bends_ is the better CD? Don't get me wrong, I think it rocks like almost nothing else,
>but _OKC_ is just so much more richly textured and the songs are better written, imo. I was thinking
>once that if the first half of _OKC_ and the 2nd half of _The Bends were one CD, it would be the
>most amazing thing ever. If "Planet Telex" and the title song from _The Bends_ were thrown in and
>"Lucky" from _OKC_, anyway...

You keep playing the 'richly textured' card, Layner.   One of the
things that gives TB the edge over OKC for me is the rawer sound.  The
vocals seem a little more forward in the mix, and I love the wall of
guitar like in the beginning of 'Planet Telex', and the slightly
tweaked acoustic that is spattered throughout the rest of the album.

But let's face it.  Neither album is as good as my current selection.
_Selling England By The Pound_ has to be one of the top ten albums of
all time.  AND it's referenced in a Monk tune.  ;-)

Steve Hackett r0x0r, d00dZ!

>> Also, I have been on the list for a year and a half.  I am just
>> soft-spoken. ;)  So I suppose I don't need welcoming.
>
>Not that I'm the official welcomer or anything, but welcome...

Layne, I hereby proclaim you the official welcomer.  Go to it.

--
NP: Genesis - _Selling England By The Pound_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery

Follow-Ups: References: