Re: A newbie

Leaving a trail of cookie crumbs and wet footprints, eric schumacher
<eschumacher at kconline_com> said:
>>'Dead Weight' is one of the few I consider yawners in the OTR catalog.
>'>Falling(DoaT)' is another.
>
>i LOVE dead weight... great lyrics. and again, like the e-bow lines ric
>plays on 'latter days', i love the suble notes he plays on this tune as
>well. great atmosphere, imo...

He adds nice atmosphere, I'll agree, but the whole song is kinda
boring, IMO.   I guess I just don't get into it.

>>Again, I agree completely.   They're one of the select few bands I can
>>listen to all the time.  King Crimson is another.
>
>yep... i think that's why all of us are on the list. i can listen to OtR
>two or three times a day and not get tired of it. i'm not too sure about
>King Crimson, tho...  ;-)

Here's what you do, Eric (or anyone):  Lock yourself in a room with
only 3 CDs: _In The Court Of The Crimson King_, _Larks' Tongues In
Aspic_, and _Discipline_.   You'll be hooked for life.

>me too... CD burners are especially nice for doing things like this  ;-)

Yup!

>i've burned a few 'compilation' OtR discs for myself (one for mellow,
>one for not-so-mellow, etc...).   you won't find me asking Linford to
>sign any of my  personal "limited edition" OtR discs, tho...

I was toying with the idea of making a 74 minute disc of *just*
different live versions of 'Jacksie'.   Hmm....maybe not.

>NP: OtR - quiet music should be played loud  (eric's OtR dream setlist
>disc )

Share the setlist, if you will.

--NP: Stone Temple Pilots - _Core_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
"We love cones."
--Jeff Myers, during a conversation on cones

Follow-Ups: References: