Re: A newbie

Leaving a trail of cookie crumbs and wet footprints, Hubert Jakobs
<hubjak at online_ee> said:

>> What's your favorite part of _Besides_?
>
>A tough question. I love actually the whole album. "Miles" is such a
>touching song, one of my all time OTR favourites (oh I love that
>mellotron sound),

I'm with you on this one.   'Miles' is a great song.  "Your eyes are
always..."

>"If I'm Drowning" is powerful, I have played it at
>least 10 times on my radio shows, although it's 13:15 long (I also love
>the video segment from Flevo Totaal on 'Serpents and Gloves'),

Does anyone know who's hiding the rest of that footage?   I'd love to
have a complete show of that one.

No radio station in the US seems to be able to play songs longer than
7 or 8 minutes.   This greatly decreases my chances of getting to hear
'Awaken' by Yes on the radio.

>'Bothered' is here much nicer than as a hidden track on 'Eve',

Yikes!  Blasphemy!   ;-)  It sounds much weaker, IMO.

>more close to the live version I heard last summer at Cornerstone

The live one is based on the re-orchestrated version.   I guess this
could be one of those chicken-or-egg questions, though.

>guitar by Ric here. Also 'Dead Weight' is a strong tune.

'Dead Weight' is one of the few I consider yawners in the OTR catalog.
'Falling(DoaT)' is another.

>   My experience with OTR is that you can listen to them as much as you
>want and you never get enough (it's pretty rare).

Again, I agree completely.   They're one of the select few bands I can
listen to all the time.  King Crimson is another.

>   So, here's a little question (more to the band), Would a live CD be
>possible?

I'm planning on making one for myself from ROIOs in my personal
collection.

--NP: Andy Hamilton & The Blue Notes - _Silvershine_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
"We love cones."
--Jeff Myers, during a conversation on cones

Follow-Ups: References: