Re: Thinking of the back roads...

--- rhys frank <shadow at teuton_org> wrote:
> every time i go to visit my parents, i drive through
> the valley. along the rim,

first of all, congrats on the wedding! i do hope
everything went well. i've been thinking about you two
the past couple of weeks...

> my sister used to live with a view down the valley.

as a kid, i would look out my bedroom window and see
the mountains all about us. at night, it was
fascinating watching distant traffic descending the
mountain like a parade of so many fireflies...

and thunderstorms would creep over and pour into the
valley like a slow, thick blanket of forbodding cotton
grey...

> 2am, fog fills the valley and the mountains poke out
> like drifting islands.

that's also been a favourite of mine. i always thought
it looked prehistoric.

did you know that the fog on the mountains gets so
thick, that the only way they could figure out how to
see the side of the road was to place runway lights
alongside the guardrails...

> yea, shenandoah - i long to see you.

ROADTRIP!!!!!!  :{)}