Re: Thinking of the back roads...

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Rick Callender wrote:

> first of all, congrats on the wedding! i do hope everything went well.
> i've been thinking about you two the past couple of weeks...

thanks (:

we are happy - it was a wonderful day (in order to not bore anyone, oi
won't post details galore(: )

> as a kid, i would look out my bedroom window and see the mountains all
> about us. at night, it was fascinating watching distant traffic
> descending the mountain like a parade of so many fireflies...

nice!

yea, i like fireflies too - i feel like an eavedropper ontheir lives.

> and thunderstorms would creep over and pour into the valley like a slow,
> thick blanket of forbodding cotton grey...

i liked the lightening too.

> > 2am, fog fills the valley and the mountains poke out like drifting
> > islands.
>
> that's also been a favourite of mine. i always thought it looked
> prehistoric.

i felt like it was post apocalyptice - must show something about our
reading habits?

> did you know that the fog on the mountains gets so thick, that the only
> way they could figure out how to see the side of the road was to place
> runway lights alongside the guardrails...

i know!

Afton, i drive it at elast 4 times a year.

so i keep telling dave that they have runway fog lights  - and each time,
he goes 'nuh uh - it'd take too much electricity - those're just
reflectors'

(:

so one of these latest times, it was foggy and the lights were on, and he
goes 'those are bright lights!'

'yep - those're real lights, not reflectors'
'nuh uh - they'd have to run wires all the way up - how is that feasible
and cost effeicient'

'well dave, it gets foggy around here...'

(=

he still is disbelieving everytime he sees it.

> > yea, shenandoah - i long to see you.
>
> ROADTRIP!!!!!!  :{)}

sooner than i thought!

my lil sister's bf from kenya is visiting

AND

my brother has HOME leave for *two* whole weeks (: (:

he's coming home (:

then for christmas too

i feel VA in my bones, creeping like a virus, overwriting my desire to
make home elsewhere.

rhys

--
End hunger