Re: Thinking of the back roads...

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, E Geist wrote:

> that's an incredible drive through the shenandoah valley, and i probably
> didn't even cover the best part(s).  i took the wheel a couple times in
> my teens going to visit my brother in harrisonburg -- the back way that
> skirts through west virginia.  some scary roads :)

every time i go to visit my parents, i drive through the valley. along the
rim,

my sister used to live with a view down the valley.

my favourite viewing times:

2am, fog fills the valley and the mountains poke out like drifting
islands.

10 am: sunlight filling the edges and turning things green and gray and
brown a patchwork of houses and fields

6pm: sunset, red light bouncing around the valley,

yea, shenandoah - i long to see you.

that's my favourite part of the drive...

rhys

--
End hunger
Save the whales