Re: REVIEW: OtR @ Canal Street 11/13/99

At 07:53 PM 11/14/99 -0500, GLASSFORD,JOHN wrote:
>> never heard him play before.  It took me a bit to get used to his singing.
>
>i keep hearing these pokes about his singing.  what does this
>really mean, anyway?   singing is best left to someone he hires?

Not really a poke- just a comment.  His singing voice and speaking voice
are quite different, to me.  He would talk, then start singing and it would
throw me off... :)  I got used to him by the end...

>> funny guy.  Too bad Karin always picks on him... :)
>
>she's at liberty to do so, as he's kind of an indentured servant.

He seems to be quite joking as well... I think I heard a few quips from he
to Karin as well... all in good fun.

>> -No drummer, but the percussion-meister from the CJ's filled in.
>
>anything played that made drum-like big sounds,  or was it like the
>shakers at Moonlight?

He had some shakers, some tamborines, a ride/cymbal, mandolin, harmonica.
Pretty much similar to the stuff he had at Moonlight.

>> -"Rhapsodie" on the setlist once again, but not played.  I think
>>    it's been on the setlist everytime I've seen 'em, but I've only
>>    heard it once.  What's up with that?
>
>they bring it out when someone approaches them and
>tells them they're getting married or it's their anniversary or
>some other Hallmark Event???    (just a theory that i saw
>one time put into action at JB's).

Next time I'll tell 'em, "I had a really bad headache this morning, can you
play 'Rhapsodie'?"  Maybe that'll work, ay?

>> NP: King Crimson - Vrooom!
>
>oooh,  that's gonna make Chris Emery  (hi, Chris!)  crack a smile, too.

Yeah, he's the guy who got me into them...

Dan

NP: Monk - Blink

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/
+- Life is so much cleaner on the page (chromakey)-+