Re: REVIEW: OtR @ Canal Street 11/13/99

hi.  Dan sez:

> [Well, here's my review of the show... What did anybody else think?]

 um,  i think i wasn't there.

> I absolutely love the Canal Street Tavern gigs...

I can 2nd that.  nice place.   i seem to feel that they feel like that's the
band's 2nd home.  (not that i know what they consider their first home might
be).

> never heard him play before.  It took me a bit to get used to his singing.

i keep hearing these pokes about his singing.  what does this really mean,
anyway?   singing is best left to someone he hires?

> funny guy.  Too bad Karin always picks on him... :)

she's at liberty to do so, as he's kind of an indentured servant.

> -No drummer, but the percussion-meister from the CJ's filled in.

anything played that made drum-like big sounds,  or was it like the shakers
at Moonlight?

> -Terri looked fab.  'Nuff said.

HA!   may be 'nuff said for you!  i'd like exposition, please.

> -"Rhapsodie" on the setlist once again, but not played.  I think
>    it's been on the setlist everytime I've seen 'em, but I've only
>    heard it once.  What's up with that?

they bring it out when someone approaches them and
tells them they're getting married or it's their anniversary or
some other Hallmark Event???    (just a theory that i saw
one time put into action at JB's).

> NP: King Crimson - Vrooom!

oooh,  that's gonna make Chris Emery  (hi, Chris!)  crack a smile, too.

goodnight.
jg
NP>  Vigilantes of Love  __'cross the big pond__
.
p.s.    Amy Raven:   you rock!   :-)

.

Follow-Ups: References: