Re: Karin's Hot! (was Re: My view....)

Chris Emery wrote:

> Zena Neds-Fox <znedsfox at moody_edu> waited lifetimes, said this to you:
> >I was  trying to explain my view of the music, not lay down some law.  I was
> >saved when I was 18, the 18 years prior to that event were completely
> >submerged in all the hip, delicious, dangerous, drug-induced times that
> >could be fit into those 18 years.
>
> You make it sound like a *bad* thing.   ;-P

Don'cha know there's a war goin' on?  ; )

> >So hearing that music coming from
> >background, I felt like I really did not fit in with the christian circle.
> >Then I stumbled onto Over the Rhine and heard real christians, singing about
> >real issues they face as they live for the lord.  I was completely taken
> >with them and have been ever since.  Sometimes they are the only music I can
> >completely relate to.
>
> Interestingly enough, I had never even heard of (nor had it occurred
> to me) any religious connection with OTR and their music until Snoop
> Dug ruffled some chica's feathers last summer when she said she was
> "on fire for god" or some such.   Good ol' Duggy made the obvious
> "stop, drop and roll" joke, and list life was a whirlwind of
> excitement for a while.

That was fun!

> Were any other old-school types surprised in a similar manner?

Yeah, I was too.  I mean I never thought about it.  I guess I should have butI was bad.

> >That's my side of the story and I hope to talk more
> >about it with you all, and I hope that you will tell me your relationship to
> >them, is it more than "Karin's hot!" ?  I hope so.  I'm willing and able and
> >excited to hear other views. Thanks ~ Zena
>
> Karin's hot, Terri is *yummy*, and I LOVE YOU, MIKE!
>
> It saddens me that Mikey is gone.   Now I don't have anything to shout
> at the shows.  :-(

Mike is a great guy.  Does he ever stop smiling?  I remember when I took my daughter to see her first show at the
college around Tiffin, Ohio last year, Brian and he (ick--him) were so nice to us....

I first remember otr when 97.7X here in ohio was playing some song off of TWHF.  I went to a store, found the tape,
and it only had songs on one side so I took it back and got the other one and it was ok.
I listened to that until it broke.  (Actually it broke because it got stuck in a tape deck, but I listened to it a
lot.)  I don't remember the first show I saw I think it was a Coney Island show.  All of them pre-Ric leaving kind
of morphed together in my head and I can just remember bits and pieces, but those are nice.
I've kind of taken some time off from them since I saw them last which was like May or something because I was sick
of hearing the exact same setlist over and over.  I am, however, anxious to hear them coming up at the Taft with
CJ.

Anyhoo, here is a schedule for Monk straight from the proverbial horse or something if anyone cares:

"aside from a solo acoustic show here in cincinnati, this saturday night at York st int'l cafe,

we will be playing with the band:
thur oct 8 -peabody's downunder cleveland
fri oct 9 -malone college, canton, ohio
sat oct 10- brady's cafe, kent ohio (kent state univ.)
wed oct 14 -peabodys downunder, cleveland
thur oct 15 -four friends coffeehouse, grand rapids, mi
FRIDAY oct 16th -CINCINNATI SHOW location tba
SAT oct 16th TBA"

> --NP: Beastie Boys - _Hello Nasty_

You sure know how to spin those disks.

> ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
> Autonomy is dificult, autopsy is better, autoeroticism is best.

 NP: If I'm Drowning--Live

Follow-Ups: References: