My view....

I was  trying to explain my view of the music, not lay down some law.  I was
saved when I was 18, the 18 years prior to that event were completely
submerged in all the hip, delicious, dangerous, drug-induced times that
could be fit into those 18 years.  So finding Over the Rhine as a christian
who wasn't raised to be a Conservative Republican, or even a Sunday School
Teacher, was a blessing to my life.  Most to all "Christian Bands" make me
cringe.  They sound so souless and over produced that I think Jesus might
have a hard time listening to them.  So hearing that music coming from
background, I felt like I really did not fit in with the christian circle.
Then I stumbled onto Over the Rhine and heard real christians, singing about
real issues they face as they live for the lord.  I was completely taken
with them and have been ever since.  Sometimes they are the only music I can
completely relate to.  That's my side of the story and I hope to talk more
about it with you all, and I hope that you will tell me your relationship to
them, is it more than "Karin's hot!" ?  I hope so.  I'm willing and able and
excited to hear other views. Thanks ~ Zena