Re: all this stuff

for the sake of clarification on my previous post, i decided to respond publicly to
this message i received privately. i see how  my last post could have been
misinterpreted.

Otherone at aol_com wrote:

> Isn't it enough that they are Christians?

um... yes.

> Wouldn't it be a pretty good assumption that if they indeed live their lives
> getting closer to the light that they would  in fact,shine some of that light
> in their music?

um... yes. let me quote myself for a moment... "Don't get me wrong,  I don't think OtR
has an agenda as a band, or anything like that... i just think that their faith and
their outlook on life can't help but make its way into their songs.

> What does the label "Christian band" do to give credibillity to anything? The
> fact is,the sepperation into a catagory "Christian music" seem's to me to
> alienate those who are not,or perhaps haven't found that road yet. I have
> heard Bruce Cockburn talk about that at shows.

you're absolutely right... the label "christian band" doesn't (or at least SHOULDN'T)
give credibility to anything. That wasn't at all my point. my point was basically that
though OtR isn't a 'Christian' band, they are a band (primarily) coming from a
Christian perspective / outlook. I for one am glad that they don't attempt to promote
themselves as a 'Christian' band. I was merely trying to give creedence to those who
have made statements on the list as of late relating to OtR and Christianity.

> I guess the question i ask then is "How does it move you?

in ways very few other things ever have...

good day to you,
eric.

--

**  quiet music should be played loud  **

http://www.kconline.com/eschumacher/OtR/