RE: My view....

AMEN SISTER!!  It's about time someone set some things straight.  Especially
the part about "Karin's hot!".  Seems that there should be more interest in
the band than merely something so shallow!  They are christian people
singing (and playing) from their hearts.  I am a singer (and a christian) as
well, and I believe that when it comes from the heart and you put your
everything in your music, you can make more of a difference.  I'm so tired
of candy-coated music that may be either way too shallow or too preachy.  I
love old hymns jazzed up, and I sing "christian" music and am involved with
my church choir, but I also have another viewpoint.  There is a time and
place for certain types of music.  As my choir leader told me, "Some people
that come here are not going to sit and think of what the lyrics mean.  You
have to pretty much throw it out there and let them know exactly what you
mean."  This is very true...in church.  But when christian people make
music, there's another side of me that identifies with people who can say,
"yeah, i'm having problems right now.." or "i'm struggling..." etc....It's
good to be honest.  God knows that we have problems and I'm sure even He
doesn't want us to act like everything is always a bed of roses and give
non-christians a false impression of Christ.  Being a christian is hard, but
well worth it!  I consider it an adventure! So I appreciate bands such as
OTR, being so honest and up front with their lyrics, and putting their
hearts and souls into their music...after all, that's what God intended for
them when He gave them the talent!

just my two cents,

melissa