Re: Karin's Hot! (was Re: My view....)

Ron Brickley <Ron.Brickley at sdrc_com> waited lifetimes, said this to
you:
>> You make it sound like a *bad* thing.   ;-P
>
>Don'cha know there's a war goin' on?  ; )

Is there?    Where?   ;-)

>> Interestingly enough, I had never even heard of (nor had it occurred
>> to me) any religious connection with OTR and their music until Snoop
>> Dug ruffled some chica's feathers last summer when she said she was
>> "on fire for god" or some such.   Good ol' Duggy made the obvious
>> "stop, drop and roll" joke, and list life was a whirlwind of
>> excitement for a while.

>That was fun!

Definitely!   I rather enjoy high-volume mailing lists, especially
when a controversy is involved.

>> Were any other old-school types surprised in a similar manner?
>
>Yeah, I was too.  I mean I never thought about it.  I guess I should have butI was bad.

You were "bad"?   LOL

>> It saddens me that Mikey is gone.   Now I don't have anything to shout
>> at the shows.  :-(
>
>Mike is a great guy.  Does he ever stop smiling?  I remember when I took my daughter to see her first show at the
>college around Tiffin, Ohio last year, Brian and he (ick--him) were so nice to us....

Yeah, I've talked to him several times, and he's just an all-around
great guy.   He's the kind of guy you want at your parties, because
he's fun, and everyone likes him.

>I first remember otr when 97.7X here in ohio was playing some song off of TWHF.

You just reminded me...when I was at Wright State Univ. for a couple
quarters, the college-run station had 'Happy With Myself?' in heavy
rotation.   that's about the extent of radioplay I've heard.

>Anyhoo, here is a schedule for Monk straight from the proverbial horse or something if anyone cares:

Oh yeah?  ;-)

>"aside from a solo acoustic show here in cincinnati, this saturday night at York st int'l cafe,
>
>we will be playing with the band:
>thur oct 8 -peabody's downunder cleveland
>fri oct 9 -malone college, canton, ohio
>sat oct 10- brady's cafe, kent ohio (kent state univ.)

Ding ding!   We have a winner!    Anyone else wanna try to make it?
jg?   Jeff K?   Denice?

>> --NP: Beastie Boys - _Hello Nasty_
>
>You sure know how to spin those disks.

I have my moments.   It's the joy of sitting at a desk al day at a
computer with a cdrom & sound card.

> NP: If I'm Drowning--Live

Mmmm!

--NP: Grateful Dead - 10/31/71 (Columbus, OH)
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
"Communism's a lot like using DOS,
    only it's a political system and
       it doesn't have subdirectories." - Kibo