Re: eve/gdbd

Melissa M Konieczko wrote:

> ["latter days"]
> >I can take it or leave it.  At this point, I'm pretty tired of it.
>
> one of the few songs i never tire of. also one of the few i actually have
> to sit and listen to [well, sing along with]... i just have to tune in to
> the song, that's it... the only other song i can think of like that is
> "pale trembles a gale"  by the Autumns and i will fall off my chair if
> any of you [except Layne:)] have heard that song...  [yes, that is a
> dare... are there any Autumns fans out there???]

'Tis good stuff, my friends...

> >>that's the one everyone likes, whether they like OtR or not...
> >it's...
> >
> >I beg to differ.   *everyone* is a little too sweeping of a broad
> >generalization, I'm afraid.
>
> let me restate = that is the one that all of my
> friends/acquantainces/etcetera whatever like. of course, it is the first
> OtR song i heard [that and "the seahorse"] so possibly i am biased...?
> and i did sing it a month or two ago... that and the Besides version of
> "bothered"... hmmmm... maybe i *am* biased... i guess i just relate to
> the songs a lot...? i dunno i am sounding spacey here...

Three of my favourites too ("Latter Days", "Bothered" and "The Seahorse").

> >Wasn't the drums the reason you said you didn't like IPMN?   Is it
> >your standard excuse?  ;-)
>
> yeah i guess. but it's valid [in my head, at least...]... i don't like
> 80s drumming. sorry. i just don't. i don't like 80s guitar riffs,
> either... Melissa = the Queen of Shoegaze Music... i'm not into
> "pretentious" sounding things. *ducks*

Well, there's something to be said for 80s U2, Simple Minds, INXS, etc. And
Larry Mullen was the king of 80s drumming...
Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner
...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins