Re: Re: eve/gdbd

Leaving a trail of cookie crumbs and wet footprints,
rainscape at juno_com (Melissa M Konieczko) said:
>>Drop LD, add 'I've Been Slipping' or 'Gentle Wounds'.
>
>ack!!! drop "latter days"?????????????????????????????????????????????????
>nonononono.

I can take it or leave it.  At this point, I'm pretty tired of it.

>that's the one everyone likes, whether they like OtR or not... it's...

I beg to differ.   *everyone* is a little too sweeping of a broad
generalization, I'm afraid.

>incredible... "gentle wounds" = too 80s for me! those "pop" drums [where
>you hit the rim]... ick... sorry.

*raises eyebrow*  I'm listening to it as soon as I get home... I don't
recall the effect you're talking about.

Wasn't the drums the reason you said you didn't like IPMN?   Is it
your standard excuse?  ;-)

>>What's everyone's thing with the _Besides_ 'Bothered' anyway?  ;-)
>
>it's called liking good music;) i think the two have totally different
>feels, and they are both good, but i think she sings a lot better on the
>Besides one... piano seems more romantic to me than bass, but maybe that
>says something about me [?].

I agree that they are both good, but different, but I have to disagree
about the vocals.  I find the vocals on the _Besides_ version much
more laconic and lifeless than the original.   I also find that the
bass is much more expressive than the piano.   I think RickBinky  hit
the nail on the head (for once) when he suggested they were really two
different songs.

I hesitate to think what that says about you, Melissa.  ;-)

>>Have to have 'Fly Dance' and 'How Does If Feel' + Reprise.   As far as
>>instrumentals, I'd go with 'Little Genius'
>
>"little genius" is always rad.

Are we agreeing for once?

>wohoo, CStone trip in three days.

I meant to bring this up once before.   A sweetie I know from
rec.music.tori.amos gave me the *real* skinny on Cornerstone, and I
was curious what y'all thought about it.   Are there really lots of
public human waste dumpings?

(Hi J if you're reading this!)

--NP: Dada - _Puzzle_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Artificial Intelligence in no match for Natural Stupidity

Follow-Ups: References: