Re: eve/gdbd

Dancing on a volcano, binkmeisterrick at juno_com (Rick Callender) said:

>On Fri, 26 Jun 1998 20:52:57 GMT cemery at iwaynet_net (Chris Emery) writes:
>
>(Melissa says)>>>What's everyone's thing with the _Besides_ 'Bothered'
>anyway?  ;-)

Actually, I said that too.

>>I agree that they are both good, but different, but I have to disagree
>>about the vocals.  I find the vocals on the _Besides_ version much
>>more laconic and lifeless than the original.   I also find that the
>>bass is much more expressive than the piano.   I think RickBinky  hit
>>the nail on the head (for once) when he suggested they were really two
>>different songs.
>
>You mean I finally got something *right*?! Wooo Hoooooo!!! ;{)}

Yup!  Well, at least as far as I'm concerned.

>maybe if they had used an accordian instead of a piano it'd have a
>*really* different feel!  (Shutup, bink, don't waste a good thing!)

Being the good They Might Be Giants fan that I am, I have nothing
against tasteful use of accordion in rock music.  ;-)   May I humbly
offer that 'Il Est Dans Mon Poche' would profit from accordion more
than 'Bothered'?

--NP: The Carpenters - _Greatest Hits_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery