Re: eve/gdbd

In a message dated 6/26/98 11:23:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cemery at iwaynet_net writes:

> >once, i sent my cousin in Baltimore a copy of Eve.  It didn't make her
>>toes curl,  as i expected it to.
>
>  Still makes the hair on my stomach stand on end.

*ick*  Body hair.  Why'd you have to mention *that*?!

But I do like _Eve_ a lot.  I'm making a tape for my friend Jen T (the man),
and I do believe that _Eve_ will have a supporting role on the tape, second to
_Patience_ of course, as _Patience_ is my favorite.

>  GDBD still gives me no thrill.   I never use it as a first
>  introduction to the band, but that's just me.  It's very boring,
>  musically.

*thinking*  Good Doggy, Bad Doggy.  Since that was the first OtR experience I
had, it was my favorite for a while.  As StevieBoo can attest to, I'm more
worried about vocals than instrumentation, so I wasn't that bothered when Rich
wasn't as prominent as on previous albums.  I was also in an incredibly mellow
mood, and you must admit that GDBD is a mellow album.  When I first listened
to _Besides_ I was shocked....it was like it wasn't even the same band.  I
didn't like it at first, but then when I started talking to Mr. Emery I
listened to it again, and he *insisted* that I listened to IID(live) at least
twice in a row.  That hooked me right there.  Thanks Chris.  *grin*

Um, anyway, I think my point was that I'm going to use all six albums to
introduce OtR to my friend.  I'm not sure which GDBD songs I'll use, though.
My Mother is a Whore, of course, and I do believe Faithfully Dangerous as
well.  I think she'd appreciate Latter Days, so maybe I'll stick that on
somewhere in the middle.  *pondering*

>  _Patience_ is a good one to use.

YAY!  My favorite!  See, StevieBoo.....we actually agree on something
musically!

Oh, and for the non-OtR content, I finally received my Anne E. Dechant CD,
which she so graciously signed for me.  How cool was that?

Everyone have a good day.....and I'm not Jessyka anymore.....my new name is X.
*grin*

NP:  OtR  _Patience_  (IPMN)
*hugz and kisses*