Eve/GDBD.

Beating the horse from years past, here's some of my favorites:

Casualty.  Since somewhere dark it's apparently been written that they can only have one or two songs from the past in their current setlist, I'm glad they picked this one.
Paul & Virginia, Sea & Sky.
Almost all of Patience, save "Painted my Name".
Within Without.  I remembered seeing this one live at Sudsy's before I ever liked the band.
Conjectures.  One of the best.
Latter Days, All I Need, Jack's V, HAPPY TO BE SO, Go Down Easy.
Thank You My Angel, Silent Night (Karin & Ric's version).
Lucy, Miles, Last Night.

I've learned long ago that live shows are not the way to introduce anyone to the magic of Over the Rhine.  I think if you're familiar with their music, maybe 85% of their shows are really special.  I'm boldly unboxing my scientist's gear (test tubes filled with glowing green liquid and such) to say that less than 15% of the shows can be deemed special if you are unfamiliar with their music.

Let's face it, rarely does an Over the Rhine song sink in the first time or two.  I think since they're so non-obvious, and the lyrics sometimes especially poetic and cerebral, we can listen to them time and time again without getting too sick of 'em.  That said, I've been singing "Whatever You Say" and "Tumbleweeds" in my head for weeks now after only hearing them each thrice.

Hey, for what it's worth, I hate mindless banter on a list designed to talk about a specific musical group.  Don't get me wrong, but I'm all for booting the goons off the list that post ridiculous shit without prefacing the subject line with an "@" or something.

:)

Bruce