Re: mailing list vs. message board?

what I like about the list is that it arrives quick and easy in my E-
mail.  This is also a downside, though, when I'm looking for personal
messages if I'm busy or if I've been gone for a while.  Its also easy
(intentionally or unintentionally) to send offlist E-mails to a person
rather than the whole list.
I agree with Kylie, Yahoogroups are a pain, especially with such a
large number of people (I run one for a group of friends though to
contact everyone at once, and that's convenient and user-friendly.
Better than anything else I've come up with anyway)
I do visit some messageboards however (in fact, I have another group of
friends that uses one of those to stay in touch).  They encourage
compulsive checking of websites, whereas checking the list is just part
of my compulsive E-mail checking (plus or minus? you decide).
I like the list because that's the way it already is.  If we went to
messageboard I'd probably like that too.  Sticking with the list at
this point is less work though :-p

rambly..
Bethany