Re: Buffy banter.

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

> The new hairstyle gave me pause, but also made me purr. Y'all know of
> whom I'm speaking. Yum. And Xander in a suit? Whoohoo! Much was made of
> his gaining weight last season (as those unconsciously unhappy about
> impending weddings will do)-- but he seems to have been working out over
> the summer.
>
> Happy Ysoie. I'll be locked to the TV every Tuesday, now. And did anyone
> watch Haunted?

Sherry and I watched Haunted.  Or we started to.  This sounds horrible,
but we decided about ten minutes in that the writing was not up to par
with what we liked (there were so many cliches!  Ack!), and so we switched
it off.

But Buffy...ooo...Buffy.  They tried to do far too much in one episode.
They didn't need the scene with Anya or the second Willow/Giles
interchange, or even the second friend of Dawn, but nonetheless...the
Scooby Gang Mark II, poncy-tormented Spike, Xander as Responsible But
Sweet Xander, the new principal, and the cut scene in Istanbul grabbed me
right back in.  Buffy Season Seven looks _great_.

-Drew

O Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA  )   ^ ^
O    I also have the garlic powder. - Diablo - 10/4/98, goats.com    X  (_|_)
O            Check out rft.melm.org - Radio Free Tomorrow.           | (bunny)