Re: New Alanis

> > Bottom line is everyone makes thier own personal
> decision on how
> > they support artists they care about now,and
> artists I like and care about
> > will always get my support in alot of ways.

I agree with Don on this.

So if I go to Best Buys to get the Alanis cd, do I
only have to pay for it if I like the clerk and feel
he deserves my support?

And one of the things I have determined
> is that I can't come up with
> a ethic for everyone, or tell someone else what they
> should do.

The question is, is it a matter of ethics or a matter
of legality?

 For myself, I'm
> okay with burning copies of cds to see if I like it,
> and if I listen to it a
> lot, I should really support the artist by
> purchasing it.

Okay, let's be honest.  How many people really
purchase it later.

If you're talking about burning a copy from another
cd, that's perfectly legal.  That would fall under the
same law that says its legal to make a tape of a song
or album for yourself or a friend, as long as no money
is made and as long as the copy is made from the
original.
Downloading a whole album off the net is a whole
nuther stack of pancakes.

 And
> I'll DL a few songs, maybe
> even burn a mix cd.

This is fun.  This is also how I turned my sister on
to OtR.

And I like to have the liner
> notes and stuff anyway.

Me too.  That's why I will always prefer to buy it
than to download or copy it.

  It's
> a tough issue.

Is it really tough to know what's right, or just tough
to do what you know is right?

Just some thoughts...

Kelvin

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?