Re: random question time

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 JaunasAddiccion at aol_com wrote:

> okay, when i joined, i asked for your questions, and boy did i get
> some... well, now i have one - it's a question of opinion though, not
> one of concrete fact.

o goodie (:

> does it make me a 'cheapass bastard' for not liking to go out to
> movies all the time? i mean, when i explain it to my dates, it makes
> perfect sense...it's 8.75 a person for a flick around here, and it's
> $18 to buy a dvd, so i'd prefer just to spend the money on buying a
> movie instead. but they don't seem to understand (even after anm
> expensive dinner) and get all mad at me and call me worse than a
> cheapass bastard. oh yeah, and as of my stupid, horrible date of
> yesterday evening, i refuse to date anyone - even if my friends know
> she's 'nice'...

um

i ralrey get taken out to dinner (: and i am still dating him. in fact,
it's effor tto go out to dinner.

we go on walks.

go to the park. read Tolkein out loud

play chess. play tag. cook together. he watches me fix his computer. i
read in the sama \\room as his.

we rent .25 movies and watch them and laugh, or discuss them.

i LIKE going to the park. reading. having a picnic. or just sitting on his
couch and talking about weighty matters and islly matters.

listening to new music.

> damn stupid dates...
>
> so, in case you missed it, my question is this: is it incredibly cheap
> for me to not take a date to a movie all the time after i take her out
> for dinner?

no.  see - it's about expectations.

personally? i think you should find better girls.

ones that like to climb trees and dance in the rain. who might htink it's
funny to dress up and go to mc donalds and lay out the table and eat.

or one who likes ice cream cones.

dates don't have to be. dinner and a movie.

they can be ice creams, or cocnut milkshakes made in a goofy blender that
keeps losing blades.

> bonus for those who want extra credit: who the hell thought of this
> horrible idea of "dinner and a movie"? how are you supposed to get to
> know someone sitting quietly in the dark with over a hundred other
> people watching a movie?!?!??!?!

um. precisley.  (: that and we don't like to go to movies (often) because
it costs 4.50 per person. or 6 depends on your show.

we will se LOTR in the theater. before that, we saw Monster's inc. SUPER
(: but rare we watch them in theatres.

so.

you're not cheap.

practical.

daydreamy, perhaps? to think you could do SOMETHING other than a movie
dinner.

she's a loser. whoever she is.

o dear, the cat is warbling at me. i'm a\fraid, chris, that i've retrained
your cat to fetch strings. (: she likes this string,. i throw and wave and
wiggle it. she pounces. and fetches.

rhys

--
chomp while $carrots >= 1;