Re: random question time

--- JaunasAddiccion at aol_com wrote:
> does it make me a 'cheapass bastard' for not liking to go out to
> movies all the time?

nope.

> i mean, when i explain it to my dates, it makes perfect
> sense...it's 8.75 a person for a flick around here, and it's $18 to
> buy a dvd, so i'd prefer just to spend the money on buying a movie
> instead.

makes sense to me.  last i checked, logic was an attractive feature.

> damn stupid dates...

yea, damn stupid dates...

> so, in case you missed it, my question is this: is it incredibly
> cheap for me to not take a date to a movie all the time after i
> take her out for dinner?

you know, a guy i like showing up at my house w/ hot pizza, beer (or
wine) and a rented movie or two is much more appealing than dress-up
foo-foo dinners.  sure its nice now & then, but c'mon...
(so my answer to that question is, obviously, no)

> how are you supposed to get
> to know someone sitting quietly in the dark with over a hundred
> other people watching a movie?!?!??!?!

i want to know that too.

> grrrr.....this sucks.

at least you go on dates to know that you think it sucks.  i'm happy
spending my weekend nights alone because i hate that get-to-know-you
small talk and say i think dating sucks because of how i think it
*might* be.  so, cheers for you going out on dates in the first
place.

michelle, who will be taking herself on a date to see Vanilla Sky
after work.

ps - i'm not a cheapass bastard either  ;)