random question time

okay, when i joined, i asked for your questions, and boy did i get some...
well, now i have one - it's a question of opinion though, not one of concrete fact.

a little background first: i have the worst dating record, i always get the bad ones..the girls who "will only cheat on you and make you feel bad" (see: clerks), so my question may be led by this history, but i don't care, i'm askin ya (it's payback time)

does it make me a 'cheapass bastard' for not liking to go out to movies all the time?
i mean, when i explain it to my dates, it makes perfect sense...it's 8.75 a person for a flick around here, and it's $18 to buy a dvd, so i'd prefer just to spend the money on buying a movie instead. but they don't seem to understand (even after anm expensive dinner) and get all mad at me and call me worse than a cheapass bastard.
oh yeah, and as of my stupid, horrible date of yesterday evening, i refuse to date anyone - even if my friends know she's 'nice'...

damn stupid dates...

so, in case you missed it, my question is this: is it incredibly cheap for me to not take a date to a movie all the time after i take her out for dinner?

bonus for those who want extra credit: who the hell thought of this horrible idea of "dinner and a movie"? how are you supposed to get to know someone sitting quietly in the dark with over a hundred other people watching a movie?!?!??!?!

grrrr.....this sucks.

---(frustrated & fed up) dan in michigan

np: mudhoney; you got it (keep it out of my face)