Re: Live

I'm not sure what this has to do with OtR, but whatever...Live is a great
band, OtR is a great band.  I also think Rush, Nine Inch Nails, and Cheap
Trick are great bands.  It has nothing to do with beliefs or religion or
any of that.  I've never bought into the whole religion thing.  I'm just in
it for the music, and I try to keep my mind open to as many different
styles and sounds as possible.  The only thing that matters is how good the
music is.  Obviously, when people like Eminem say things to encourage abuse
of women and violence, that is a completely different matter, but I don't
think Live or any other rock band has done anything that should warrant
anyone not buying their records just because of what the lead singer
thinks.  I can see being turned off by some of that stuff, but not to the
point of not buying something if i still liked the music.  I am really
turned off by just the blatant religious stuff, I just find it annoying, I
don't think blatant religious references and rock music go very well
together, but if any of those bands like Creed or christian rock bands or
something came out with a really great, new sound or wrote really good
pieces of music, I'd probably still go for it and just try to get past the
lyrics.

-Steve C.