a live response (from the girl who started it all)

--- Matthew Mesina <soberman_69 at hotmail_com> wrote:
> Isn't that song about where Fishes go a veiled shot
> at Christians?? (asking)
>
> I can't support any band who promotes their personal
> religious ideology at
> the expense of others.  Period.  Let alone a band
> that mixes spirituality
> and sexuality so liberally, which I think is just
> plain dangerous folly.

mr. matthew-
i tend to call a spade a spade.
so here's my garden tool (or is that in reference to a
card?!):
the two songs i quoted are my favorites -- the first
time i heard 'run to the water', i was overcome (no
pun intended), there was so much christian imagery
'run to the water & find me there' -- for those of you
who are not christians, bear with me here a moment,
but i was driving in my car, refusing to give up the
ghost and the next thing i know i'm sobbing, i have
had the million mile 'fall from grace' matt -- and
have been given not just a 2nd chance, but a 50th,
100th, 1000th.  a year ago i thought i had ruined my
life and everyone else's around me for good (forgive
me i'm getting emotional at my desk, rhys is probably
groaning already) and i have seen the pieces picked up
and put back together.  i am an object lesson in grace
and these songs capture that so perfectly.  thank god
(literally) i missed the ground.

'what you doing in this darkness baby?'  i can't
listen to that song very often -- it seems i am
constantly sitting in a closet of sin, and god is
saying 'what you doing in there? come out where you
can see'.  i hear this song and i hear it spoken
audibly to me -- ed isn't god, but i'll be d****d if
those aren't god's words to me at times.  i'm speaking
cliches, but when it comes to spiritual & christian
matters specifically what is good for the goose is not
necessarily good for the gander -- you may not be
comfortable with LIVE, someone else may be upset that
i have read a christian twist into a 'secular' band,
but ultimately we answer for ourselves.

as for spirituality & sexuality being combined --
should it be any other way?  if you believe in
christianity, our sexuality is a god given gift and
therefore is spiritual.  it is a part of life -- a
part that should be written about, sung about, mooned
over, just as every other part of our spiritual
existence is.  i do not think that LIVE is
disrespectful or flippant of sexuality -- we're not
talking big butts or thong song here and if LIVE's
take on sexuality is too much -- you'd be burning my
poetry in a bonfire (which would be a shame because
it's rather good)...

anyways, thank you for your opinion -- i appreciate
but don't agree, and this is okay.  and BRU_SAY, be
nice!

kind regards (even to those who don't like live (: ),
liesel

=====
"stories & cigarettes have ruined the lives of lesser girls"
p. yorn