Re: my boy problems (almost no otr)

Lara wrote:
>>Meep! This stuff makes me nervous.
>>*taking cover before the war starts*

LOL!   I agree, Lara!

But, at the risk of being taken too seriously myself: I can't help commenting
on how Kristen goes from being very fervently concerned about us "getting
back to God" to (a mere 20 min. later) agonizing over what to wear to the
concert...  ; )

(*humor alert*)

Do jean skirts and black boots really promote Christ, now Kristen?  Shouldn't
you wear something more feminine and less aggressive?  Wouldn't want to cause
any consternation or impure thoughts among the trying-to-be-Godly men around
you!

I'M BEING FASCITIOUS!  See, I should be allowed to tease and laugh about this
because I've BEEN THERE... I've thought that, I've had those conversations,
I've had it all figured out... and still been stressed over little details.
*sigh*   It's downright painful, in a way, to vicariously relive that stage
of my life...  "meep", indeed!  Heehee...)

The good news, (in the capitalized sense, even, maybe) is that (IMHO) these
things sort themselves out.  Life prioritizes, and whether it's God guiding
our conclusions or not, I think it becomes clear to each of us eventually
what's *really* relevant.  And, in my world (and maybe in my world only, who
knows...) its not so much gender roles OR attire.

But, to be serious for a minute, I'm fully aware that this is stuff that one
can't learn from others... it only happens by living...so there's no point in
seriously debating it.  Kristen's viewpoint is as valid and acceptable to her
where she is in her life as mine is to me from where I stand.

(Relevant OTR content: "and my answer to the years of strife
is the way I choose to live my life")

Can't help ya with the boy problems, either... men (still) baffle me...
I CAN tell you that I think I actually LIKE it that way now, though...
partly because I've realized that I enjoy being an enigma to their
gender as well!  ;)

Older but still not wise enough to see a doctor even though she's feverish
with a raw throat....
Anita