Million Dollar Hotel

It is true that you may fool all the people some of the time; you can
even fool some of the people all the time; but you can't fool all of the
people all the time" Prez Lincoln.

PChat said:
> [...]
saga in mind when he made the original _Star Wars_, and that didn't make
_Return of the Jedi_ or _The Phantom Menace_ particularly good.<<<<<<

I've a theory.  My theory is that one's love of the characters in a Star
Wars filmed is keyed to some extent into one's age.  While we old
sophisticates thought Jar Jar was annoying, and slightly older
sophisticates thought the Ewoks were demonios de hades, the kids love
'em.  Yes they do.  They got the Jar Jar pillow case and the action
figger and the halloween mask. George Lucas is cotton candy, and you
never love it quite so much after you understand tooth decay and empty
calories.

I mean, *now* I understand that the Ewoks are silly.  But as a kid I
thought they were groovy.  There are so many things to let the
imagination groove on in those movies.  Not the way the imagination
grooves on, say, Ulysses.  Something else . . .

So I watched Phantom M in a cotton candy state of mind, and I had a good
time, and I thought it all looked neat and was full of things for the
imagination to play with.  Battle Droids! Yes!  It's not how good they
look.  It's the idea of them.  It's the idea of them fighting people who
live inside big Atlantis bubbles underwater.  Yes!  Pod Racing.  POD
racing: for little guys.  Yes!

Like that.

But that kid who plays Anakin was still pretty annoying.

On a separate note, I watched Thora Birch play the queen in _Dungeons and
Dragons_ and realized how brilliant everything about the queen role in PM
was.  Or maybe just how bad the D and D movie was.

Sequels to consider:
Indiana Jones.  The character is just cool.

Keanu films to consider:
Point Break.  FBI Surfer New Age Spirituality!!!  Yah!!!  And Tank Girl
is in it.

Worse than Heather Graham: who was that girl who played the scientist/PhD
in that James Bond movie?  Denise somethin'?  Richards.  Man was she bad.
 I mean.  I know she's s'pose to be a Bond girl, but c'mon.  Bad, bad,
ridiculous.  More ridiculous than the gadgets, even.  The gadgets I like.
 The girl, no.

From this post, somebody could get a really funny idea about my movie
habits.

Anybody seen Million Dollar Hotel?  Gorgeous.  What remains with me is
images, which is very Wim Wenders, I think.

That is all,

Fred