RE: war...

Title: RE: war...

>> Why you wouldn't think he was intelligent is hard to fathom.
>
>Well, for me it's his poor school record combined with his
>total lack of
>mastery of the English language unless it's been written out for him
>beforehand.  Oh, he's a skillful politician, no doubt, but
>intelligent?  I
>don't think so.  He's no Jefferson.

Sorry, if you took my very poor school record and tried to correlate it with my IQ rating (the I in IQ meaning intelligence) you would find a great disparity.  I also grew up in a very poor urban area and consequently used much slang and incorrect grammar to which I was constantly exposed.  One of the most intelligent women I have ever known was my grandmother.  She used the word "fixing"  meaning getting ready to do something till the day she died.  So it would follow from your "lack of mastery of the English language" poor urban people (often black) who use street slang and poor grammar are stupid.  Man, who's the racist now?

>> The extinction of the Jews alone is a pretty clear similarity.
>
>The horrific irony in all this is that Arab hatred of Jews is
>a uniquely late
>20th century phenomenon.  Muslims and Jews lived side by side
>in peace and
>harmony for over a thousand years.  Muhammad called on his
>followers to treat
>the "peoples of the book" (Christians and Jews) with respect,
>because they
>worshipped the same god.

I guess that means take a plane and ram it into a building.

> Granted, they were second class
>citizens, but only
>second class.  Pagans had absolutely no rights.  Muslims never
>perpetuated
>pogroms, ghettos, or extermination camps against the Jews.
>Those were all
>European phenomena.  So-called Christendom.  It was the
>creation of the state
>of Israel, and more, the manner of its creation, that got the
>Muslim world
>upset.  They see it as yet another Western crusader state,
>like those of the
>middle ages, when the streets of Jerusalem ran ankle-deep in
>the blood of the
>inhabitants slaughtered by the Europeans.  And now the
>European anti-semitism
>is starting to make in-roads into Islam, which is tragic.
>I've even heard that
>"The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" has become widely read
>and quoted, and
>that's a Russian forgery that claims to be a conspiracy
>document, showing that
>the Jews are out to take over the world.

Interesting monologue but what does it have to do with the fact (much less refute it) that two people have a similar hatred of one ethnic/religious group.

>> Since you won't go for profiling, what (if any) solution can
>you give?
>
>Investigation and evidence.  Innocent until proven guilty.

Interesting concept, but if someone in your family was in the WTC that day, my guess is you would feel differently.  Innocent till proven guilty theories I don't believe took into account terrorism.  It's a nice phrase also but it isn't even in effect in America.  If you are accused of committing murder (again only accused) what do you think your chances are of getting out on bail?

>What so many people
>don't seem to realize is that if you give that up, the wheels
>of beurocracy can
>grind you up as well.  The people who support this are so sure
>that only "them"
>are going to get profiled that they don't care.  After all,
>"we" are never
>going to do anything worthy of profiling for.  Haven't you
>ever had a false
>charge on a bill?

What does a false charge on a bill have to do with anything?

Some one else mentioned that it is only WASP males that argue for profiling.  I find that only the people who haven't been on the receiving end of crime (real crime on a regular basis, not someone stole my radar detector once) are the ones who tend to be anti profilers.

>> Um look at the whole Palestinian conflict.  It certainly
>appears to be more
>> than 1 vile terrorist that doesn't agree with the people you know.
>
>Yeah, it's called the State of Israel.
>Okay, let's look at the *whole*
>Palestinian conflict.  Say you're a Palestinian Arab.  You and
>your relatives
>have lived in a country for over 1300 years.  Let's let that
>number roll around
>in our brains for a bit: ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED YEARS.
>Then along come
>these western states, who have been invading you periodically
>for about a
>thousand years, and (a) carve up your country and give it to a
>bunch of foreign
>refugees, whose plight you had nothing to do with, (b) force
>you out of your
>homes and cities, and then (c) invade and occupy the half of
>the country you
>had left and subjugate you to oppressive terror and violence.
>Wouldn't you be
>pissed off?  There have been resolution after resolution in
>the UN against the
>occupation, but nothing happens.  Why?  Because the US
>supports Israel and
>tells the rest of the world to go f*&k itself, like we
>*always* do.  Like we
>did when the world court convicted us of war crimes in
>Nicaragua in the 80s.
>The Muslim world sees the US pummel Iraq and Kosovo under the
>umbrella of UN
>resolutions, but completely ignore resolutions with regard to
>Palestine.  Is it
>any wonder they think we are racist hypocrites?

Another interesting monologue, but it doesn't refute my stance that there are more than 1 vile terrorist out there.  Actually it supports it.

>I'm not even going to address WS's racist comments except to
>say that it was
>like a slap in the face to see the word "raghead" on this list
>when I checked
>in this morning.  I would hope we could avoid that in the
>future.  Not because
>it's not PC, but because it's mean and stupid.

Very true.