RE: war...

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Michael Cade wrote:

> >I'm not even going to address WS's racist comments except to
> >say that it was
> >like a slap in the face to see the word "raghead" on this list
> >when I checked
> >in this morning.  I would hope we could avoid that in the
> >future.  Not because
> >it's not PC, but because it's mean and stupid.
>
> Very true.

It probably is, but remember who you're writing to here.  By sending this
to the list, you're pretty much preaching to the converted, so to
speak.  If you've a gripe specifically with WS has to say, why not e-mail
him separately?  We certainly don't need to all be agreeing in unison
about this.  A tidal wave of 'me too' does no more to push the point than
make someone feel stubborn and beaten upon.

Pax,
-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew     )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, goats.com  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |