Re: F***

Sweet & Tender Hooligan wrote:

> > > Perhaps because of the other negative connotations that go along with an
> > > Xian band -- most notably "They suck," as well as the stigma of
> > > proselytizing.
> >
> > Lots of bands, and more than a few entire genres, "suck", depending on who
> > you talk to.  And lots of bands and artists shill for religious groups and
> > political causes that strike their fancy
>
> Yes. As I was going to point out before Peter so rudely usurped my rebuttal
> <g>, almost /all/ bands and artists proselytize, and I can't help pointing
> this out when people complain about Christian bands being "preachy". What

Perhaps this is picking a nit, but I feel I should point out that I
don't disagree.  However, the negative connotation -- for whatever
reason, and whether or not it is valid -- *does* exist.  And I think
because it does, that's why artists like OTR cringe when they get
categorized as such.

This reminds me of the recent occurance with the band _Lifehouse_.
Apparently word got out that two of the band members proclaimed to be
Christian.  Some source I read said that their manager was currently
doing "damage control" to avoid having the band labeled as a "Christian"
band.

I found that quite a sad commentary.

Troy