Re: REVIEW: OtR @ Canal Street 11/13/99

At 09:34 PM 11/16/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Faithfully Dangereaux

Definitely the highlight of set #1... and the spelling is wicked-cool...

>Set two:
>The Seahorse

I love this song... with the mandolin was interesting.  I think I liked it
best at Xavier when it was just Karin and an acoustic guitar.  I think the
first time I saw them do this had Karin and Terri harmonizing... damn, I
miss that.

>Encore two (not played, le sigh):
>Jack's Inst
>Rhapsodie

Le sigh, le indeed. :)

>Dan, my friends Finian and Misty (non-listie, first-time-OtR-Listeners),
>and I got there quite a bit before the doors opened, but we had lovely fun
>playing cards while sitting one the sidewalk outside the Tavern.  I still
>find it difficult to believe that we were playing cards outside in light
>jackets at night in the middle of November, but there we were.

Nice weather last weekend, and then not many days later freezing... I think
my heater in my apartment is broken... currently wearing sweaters until
maint. can look at it... burrrr...

>Melissa,
>amazing woman that she is, brought us peach and pear Jelly Bellies, and
>then apologised for not baking!!  (As if yummy jellybeans weren't enough!)

mmm... jellybeans.  mmm... tankyou, 'lissa!

>Thankfully, the nice door-people let us in just as it was starting to
>become uncomfortable out there on the cement.  We got seats right up by
>the stage (yay!!) and played some more cards (sensing a theme here?).

Third time playing euchre...ever.  I think I finally got the hang of it...
I think...

>Once I got used to Jack's lovably peculiar singing style, I really
>enjoyed his music--and as I stated a bit earlier, I'm all for bringing
>plenty of bright orange oars to the Dec. 11th show (it'll be better than
>showering Bink with cereal boxes, if such a thing is possible!).

<riotous crowd>
Orange oars!  Orange oars! Orange oars!  Orange oars!
</riotous crowd>

>Speaking of Bink--are you going to tell the list how your gig went, dear?

Yeah, how'd it go, Bink?  Next time you play, I'll try harder to come up...
somehow I missed the one a few weeks ago with Pop Monet... I was actually
thinking of coming to that one... I'm sorry I didn't...

>Eventually, Jack went off and 'disguised himself', and the whole band came
>to the stage.  Our ladies were dressed quite nicely that evening--Ms. Terri
>in a snappy outfit that started off as a 3-piece and turned into cute pants
>and a neato pin-striped bodice-style top (hair down and prettily tousled);

There, jg.  There's your exposition.  I couldn't explain it like that...
"Terri looked fab... 'nuff said" was all I could explain... ;)  I knew Amy
or someone would be more descriptive...

>Dear Over the Rhine,
>All I want for Christmas is to hear "Rhapsodie".  Please...

I second that!!

Dan

NP: Cranberries - To the Faithful Departed

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/
+- Life is so much cleaner on the page (chromakey)-+