Re: @ Perfect Flag Burning Day

In a message dated 07/07/1999 9:23:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Otherone at aol_com writes:

> In a message dated 7/7/99 9:55:28 AM, b_lachey at hotmail_com writes:
>
>  << There's other things we can fix before fixing the flag burners.  How
> about
>  letting us vote directly for a president, instead of that whacked-out
>  electoral college idea?  What goofball framer thought that up?
>
>  Bruce
>   >>

>  Yep. And the most important of all. Lets take back ownership of our
country.

>  We can do that with campaign finance reform. It will temper all evil that
we

>  have as issues now.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but how can you defend flag burning as
freedom of expression, but then turn around and advocate campaign finance
reform?  True freedom of expression would allow any individual or
organization to give whatever they wanted to to any candidate they chose.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Stickman Jones - "Blinding Bright"

"'I'm an angel with a large capacity for beer', I think C.S. Lewis said
that." - the 77's