Re: Re: @ Perfect Flag Burning Day

on sunday, i was hanging out with some friends of mine, and they were going
to go buy a flag at wal-mart so they could burn it.  i asked them why, and
the only real response i got was giggles and jokes.  this type of thing
disturbs me.  i know it's nothing more than a piece of cloth, but if you're
going to burn something that stands for so much, you had better have a
reason.  not just some silly, immature, ignorant fascination with being
rebellious(let's knock over port-a-potties!!)  reminds me of a crashdog song
- mommy's little anarchist. "you paint A's on all the cans but you still
take out the trash"
here's another topic:  is it disrespectful to leave a bible on the floor, to
rip pages out, to use them as rolling paper?  i've had people reprimand me
for placing mine under my chair at church.  discuss.