Re: Re: @ Perfect Flag Burning Day

In a message dated 7/7/99 12:23:46 PM, Otherone at aol_com wrote:

>Yep. And the most important of all. Lets take back ownership of our country.
>We can do that with campaign finance reform. It will temper all evil that we
>have as issues now.

Well, not one for making blanket statements or anything, are you? What evil?
And all of it? That's a pretty big plot of land. And take back ownership from
whom? The Japanese? It's the Belgians or Swiss who own a larger chunk of
American real estate, as I recall. And if you're talking about industry,
well, Honda of America employs an awful lot of Americans, last I knew. We
don't function in a vacuum. It's a global economy, and a global community.
We're not immune to the effects of, say, the Japanese recession. And living
without oil from the Mid-East would make life a whole lot more difficult over
here. Personally, my world would be a far emptier place without Ribena from
England.