Re: @ Perfect Flag Burning Day

In a message dated 7/7/99 12:13:56 PM, OncleBoo writes:

<< Perhaps I'm missing something here, but how can you defend flag burning as
freedom of expression, but then turn around and advocate campaign finance
reform?  True freedom of expression would allow any individual or
organization to give whatever they wanted to to any candidate they chose.

Steve >>

Nope. We are given individual rights by the constitution. When I see a
corporation or  a lobby group go die for their country, then we can give the
collective a voice. It is clearly bribary,and clearly must change. If they
want to voice their opinion fine,but influence elections and votes with thier
money is highly improper.