Re: Monk @ Cornerstone

At 09:37 PM 7/5/99 PDT, John Wofford wrote:
>first of all, that other guitarist happens to be Stew Heiss.  He is the lead
>guitarist for REZ, and is arguably one of the best guitarists living today.

He was good.  But why argue?  Once you get to a certain point in
guitar-dom, how can one really discern who "the best" is.  Some of my favs
are: Nuno Bettencourt, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Michael Kelsey, Steve
Vai, Frank Zappa (& Dweezil too), James Murphy, Marty Freidman, Ty Tabor,
Brian May, Dave Mustaine (arguably one of the best rhythm metal gtrists),
Junior Brown...etc, etc.  They're all good, but I'd have a hard time
picking a fav.

Actually, my fav would probably be Nuno, but mainly for his other areas
that I like of him- his songwriting, singing, arranging, producing, and
other instrument playing...

>Monk, Buddy/Julie Miller, Jenifer knapp, Meranda Stone, V.O.L., Mattie
>Groves, Seeds, and more.  I'm sure you probubly wouldnt like all of these
>bands, but there are most likely others you would (if you would just leave
>your tent and deck of cards to discover them).

yeah, I caught: Monk, Sarah Jahn, Stickman Jones, Waterdeep, P.O.D.,
Morella's Forest, Vigilantes of Love, Klank, Burlap to Cashmere, Spoken,
Ballydowse, Seeds, Noelle McClelland, Jars of Clay, yadda yadda... the
first 4 being my favs...

But it was missing: Galactic Cowboys, Saviour Machine, Iona, Over the
Rhine, Living Sacrifice, Crimson Thorn, Tourniquet, Steve Taylor, a good
Klank performance... yadda yadda...

I guess I complain too much...

>Despite the grim looking schedule, i thought C-Stone '99 was awsome!

I still think '97 blew '99 away... :)

Dan

NP: Joe Satriani - s/t

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com    http://www.dlm.net/gc/
  This email contains stroboscopic effects that may
+-      adversely affect epilepsy sufferers       -+