Re: Independence day(or my FBI file)

Coyote Lazarus wrote:

> I thought (if any of you remember my earlier ominous post) I'd save this for
> the appropriate time. Thanks, Vogel for giving me a spring board.

well hello. nice  heated post. I am warning people now I bring up some Christian

> Again- your rights are being eaten away as you read this.

by much more than you imply I am afraid. and might I say that how come everyone
but christians seem to have a right to throw their ideas and stuff around the
senate and such but the second you have someone operating in those positions
that are "christian" suddenly they are stealing all your rights? Is it becuase
only at that time are the rights you care about being touched?

> It is an AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION TO BAN THE BURNING OF THE FLAG IN
> PROTEST.

sorry, isn't burning the flag illegal right now anyway? perhaps I am mistaken,
forgive my ignorance if I am wrong, my excuse is that I don't live their now.
;-)

>  However there is this
> thing called separation of church and state- that which keeps us from such
> asinine maneuvers as crusades and witch-hunts.

I must jump in here because that is a long supposed belief. but the constitution
does not say there is a seperation between church and state. it was brought up
as so because it was found in a letter that a forefather wrote. and his purpose
in it was not to remove *church* from the state but the *state* from the church.
in other words the government can not control the church. this was meant to
protect the government church that has  happened in many countries especially
during communism.

> That is I was given these rights by my own creator as you were given them to
> you by your own creator. Don't confuse the two- yours may not speak Bocce.

LOL I wonder who you claim to be *your* creator?

> The man who wrote the constitution believed that any idea or emotion that
> can be communicated or expressed should be. Be this a word, a picture, a
> breath, in what ever medium possible- foreseeingg Radio, Television, and
> TheInternet.

Really? He foresaw television and radio and the internet? cool. funny, I never
read that they had prophecied about all that?!

> The FCC- the Federal Communication Commission- not an elected body,
> answerable only to the President decided all by itself back in the Eighties
> that television and radio are the only two parts of american life not
> covered by the free speech amendment to the constitution. Read that again.
> its kind of important.

you know what, I agree, there should be free speech. but I feel their has to be
a balance. personally it would scare me if anyone could produce any kind of show
they could possibly think of with no restrictions. becuase on the TV you can't
stop your children from watching something becuase it's R and they can't go in.

> Who do you think is paying them off?

I suppose whoever has the money. ;-)

> IF you really belive Ronald Reagan was president for eight years...
> You're wrong. He's an actor. George Bush, however was head of the CIA. Guess
> who was running the country...

LOL. So who is running the country right now?

> IF you really believe the New World Order is a good idea...
> Remember the ideas and terminology came from Hitler.

yes, that is true. but here is a wonderful thought to behold. who gave Hitler
his ideas? The states. he took things we were saying and put them to the
extreme. Do you know that right now in the states (or it was 2 years ago) that
it is legal if a baby is born with a handicap to leave them in the hospital and
not feed them until they die?

> first one to think we should require prayer in school gets to find out how
> talented I am about discerning your heritage thorough the use of the seven
> words you can't say on television.

I don't think we should *require* everyone to pray in schools. but at the same
time I don't think it is something that should be excluded. and that is what is
happening now. tons of students are having to fight for their right to pray in
school. even in lunchtime prayer meetings on their own.

Amy