Laptops (nothing to do with dancers), Monk, Cornerstone, etc...

Just tooling around on my new laptop... yay!!  I love it.  I convinced the
partners at work to get three laptop for us audit people... And since I'm
the "Network guy" at work, I get the best one because I'm in charge of the
whole show...  This thing's so cool that I think it will actually lower my
efficiency... ;)

Saw Monk last night... actually, I could only stay for about an hour of it.
Where was everybody?  Chris and your posse?  Oh well... T'was a good show.
I caught One Eye Open, Circle of Quiet, Willoughby, and about three or four
others... good show.  I'm sure he probably played for lots longer than I
stayed for... I took a gander at the prototype live/enhanced CD entitled
"Blister."  Same type of artwork & packaging as the prior two CDs.  I also
bought a nice poster... I think I'll frame it and put it in my new living
room (moving right after getting back from Cornerstone).

Speaking of Monk & Cornerstone, I heard through the grapevine that he's
playing the Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL.  The fest starts Thursday,
July 1, but he's playing a special pre-fest gig on Wednesday night.  I don't
know if it's him or the whole band.  I was gonna ask him last night, but
apparently didn't stick around for the whole gig.

Other Cornerstone bands- Vigilantes of Love (yay...releasing 2 CDs!!),
Burlap to Cashmere (good Greek-folk/rock), Klank (hard industrial), Jars of
Clay, Greytown (a DM/Cure-type band, friends of mine from Houston)...
Galactic Cowboys were gonna play but cancelled (damn!)... plus there's a
bunch more folk, underground, hardcore, industrial, rap, etc to keep me
busy... two more weeks to go...

BTW, further jabbering about my new laptop... this keyboard really sucks...
but the processor and everything on this baby blows my home PC away...

Anyway, that's all the news I've got for now...

Dan

NP: No Boundaries  (new Tori Amos song, Ben Folds Five song, 2 Pearl Jam
tunes, etc, etc...)