Ark

Welp, I haven't read anything anyone's posted yet about the show, so here
goes:

setlist:
Latter Days / All I Need is Everything / Tumbleweeds / Little Blue
River / Moth / Goodbye / June / Etc. Whatever / Bothered / Anyway /
Faithfully Dangerous / Lucy / Jack's Valentine / Circle of Quiet /
(encore 1) Rhapsodie / Go Down Easy /
(encore 2) I Will Remember / My Love is a Fever

The show was AWESOME.  I love the Ark.  Imagine Canal Street with a nice
sound mix, no clinking glasses, triple the capacity, and a reasonable
seating arrangement.  Niki Buhrig opened up, I like that "Drive" song by her
quite a bit.  Dave Labruyere played OtR bass and wore white socks.  Karin's
hair: red, Jack's: blonde?, Linford: hat.

The band was phenominal sounding; even the Latter Days opener they seemed
'ON', ya know?  "Lucy" had that stop/start end that seems a little
Vegas-lounge like, but small complaints...  Lots of good chat between songs.
  Circle of Quiet ended with descending volume, quite entertaining.  Lots of
the stuff seemed like 5-6bpm faster, quite an improvement for "Moth",
"Tumbleweeds".  Karin commented that they were gonna try to keep it quieter,
but that wasn't happening.  She wished she'd've brought her electric, since
a lot of the stuff was strange to play on acoustic...

It was great chatting again with listees Amy/Raven and Walter, and
non-listees Ash and Jess and Jess and Denice.

TRIBUTE
OK, so the question I'm sure is on lots of y'all's minds is "how did the
question go?"  Linford brought it up after the show.  "Bruce!  I hear you
have a confession to make".  Stacy from the office had let them know what
was going on.  They think it's a great idea, he actually gave me a vote for
the tribute title (but since his vote counts no more or less than ours, I
just put voted it on the website!!).  "Knock yourselves out" was Mr.
Detweiler's final comment on the tribute CD.

Karin seemed more than willing to select a charity, but I'm sure it's not
something that can be easily selected while putting away a guitar.

I got four more contribution possibilities:
Jess (from Flint MI) and her friend, to do "Should" perhaps
Walter and his band, Livonia MI.  unknown song.  I gotta e-mail him.
Ash Peacock, Flint MI, same stuff.
Jess (another one, from around Ann Arbor?), gotta e-mail.

Bruce