Re: otr: jumpin' in.

D.M. writes:

> Viva. I'll be the guy in the fedora with the DM and Pogues pin in the brim

Woohoo!  Another Pogues fan!  It's nice to know that JG and I aren't alone in
our appreciation for them.

Speaking of the Pogues, this past Friday I went to see Shane MacGowan play
the House of Blues up in Hollywood.  Unfortunately, Shane decided that having
played the night before in Las Vegas was enough for him, so he didn't show
up.  Fortunately though, the folks at the House of Blues were able to find a
pretty decent band to take his place:  X.

I hadn't expected to ever see X play, especially at this stage of their
careers, but they rocked the place despite the fact that they've obviously
aged a bit since their heyday.

Hopefully, one of these days I'll finally get to see Shane perform.  He'd
been kicked out of the Pogues shortly before the one time I was able to see
them.  Joe Strummer filled in decently for him, but the Pogues aren't the
Pogues without Shane MacGowan drunkenly leading the way.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Ron Sexsmith - "Whereabouts"

"'I'm an angel with a large capacity for beer.', I think C.S. Lewis said
that." -- the 77's