Re: New OtR site suggestions...

Dan Temmesfeld wrote:

> At 10:05 AM 5/17/99 -0400, Dave Cousineau wrote:
> >However, a good designer can make a graphic file so small that it
> >downloads almost as quickly as text.
>
> erroneous thought pattern.  MOST web designers are *not* good designers.
> 'nuff said...

true. I know that. and it's hard to make a small graphic that still looks
good. I am serious. I have tried. yes, it's possible if you have all the right
programs. but for those without the resources...

> that not the issue.  the issue (to me), is that frames suck (for the most
> part).  why not put a small text menu on every page?

actually, I do agree with you. for someone going on a slower phone line it
makes a difference. (or modem, but I have a decent modem) I always switch to
no frames when I have an option. although I like frames I like the small text
menu OR a graphic bar.. to me it gives the same effect and looks just as nice.
Another problem I have with frames is  I can never see the all the page with
frames and that drives me crazy.

Chris will probably correct me on something in my post. I have come to expect
it. ;-P

Amy

Follow-Ups: References: