Re: kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

> i love echoplexing!  it's so cool!  Toby and Denice and John said
> that "if i like ~this~,  i will like Phil Keaggy", so now i have something
> else to search for and scope out.   Thanks for the tip!

This echoplex machine is the coolest.  You *will* like Phil!  A song like
"Daddy Untwisted" or "Sea & Sky" would sound so good with that thing.

> there were more songs and more yummy echoplexing,  until finally a string
> snapped and he called it an evening.

Happened to me at church yesterday morning.  10 minutes till service.  We
switched to piano and made it through with flying colors.

> Who was it said that Bill Malonee is a heck-of-a nice-guy?  you sure are
> right!   This was my second time to see VoL, and my first time to actually
> talk to Bill  (i'll talk to anybody now, won't i?  no wonder Daniella ran
> away!) and he's a sweetheart!

In the last month Zena has become just a *huge* VOL fan.  Since we got that
"Audible Sigh" disk, actually.  We'll be seeing them Wednesday here in
Chicago and she is so excited.  This review is much appreciated, jg.

> 1. goes without saying
> 2. could be a whole lot worse
> 3. nothin' like a train.
> 4. blister soul
> 5. extreme north of the compass
> 6. my back pages

> where the hell was i?   does it matter?  no one is reading this anymore
> anyway.....

I am, with bells on.

> 7. your part of the story
> 8. to the roof of the sky
> 9. anyside of anywhere
> 10. doin' time
> 11. she walks on roses
> 12. the glory and the dream
> 13. but not for long
> 14. good luck charm
> 15. guessing here:  "call the doctor"  (??)
> 16. motel room
> 17. double cure
> 18.  you give it all your heart
> 19.  solar system.

This is basically the whole 'Audible Sigh' disc, with highlight tracks from
each earlier album thrown in for (very) good measure.  Zena is going to be
so happy to see this list.  We'll be joined Wednesday by a friend of ours
who writes for The Phantom Tollbooth, so we have a smidgen of hope that
we'll be allowed to join them for dinner/interview with Bill after the
show.  Oh, and we may also be joined by listee Eric, if he can get away from
his conference that night.

If you can catch this tour, and you have the *slightest* interest in VOL,
and you haven't heard 'Audible Sigh,' GO SEE THIS SHOW!  This album is
good.

> VoL rocks hard and i had a good time.

Thanks again, jg.

jnf