Re: kent listie gathering/VoL/Monk gig

--- jg900 <jg900 at bright_net> wrote:

well, a bunch of what i wanted to quote was "truncated" so i'll have to
paraphrase....

yes, jg, the Byrds song was "My Back Pages." originally a Dylan tune,
but the Byrds always did such melodic justice to his stuff.

Bill Mallonee IS a great man to talk with. very nice. i've been able to
chat with him the few times i've seen VoL play. he was even interested
in my CD, so i sent him a copy. and it's funny that you should relate
me to Bill in some form or another... he is one of my lyrical
influences by far. i love how honest and straightforward he is. no
beating around the bushes.

also, when an old girlfriend saw me perform during the days of having a
backing band, she said i reminded her of VoL. (Killing Floor was still
new) i said "Who?" not knowing the band at the time... she introduced
me to them and the rest is history. still stands as one of my favourite
compliments to this day. i'd GLADLY open for VoL any day!

and yes, my gig at Brady's is June 19th. i'm working on promo material
currently, so i hope to send you stuff by the end of the week. i'll let
you know!

bink