Re: Moth lyrics

Chris Emery writes:

>Kandinsky!  Kandinsky!  Kandinsky!
>
>Why does art have to be beautiful?  Are humans incapable of
>appreciating
>less-than-typically-beautiful art?
>
>I'll take 'Guernica' over Monet anyday.

To start off with, I never said that art had to be beautiful.  I choose
to make the comparison between Kerin's voice and a beautiful painting
because I find her voice beautiful.
	On the subject of art, I think that some of the most successful
works (successful in the sense of emotional impact) are those which ar
not "pretty", or "nice".  Lucian Freud's figures are realistic to the
pointe of being grotesque.  No one can call these paintings beautiful in
the conventional sense, however their emotinal impact is unmistakeable.
Their impact is  a direct result of their grotesqueness.  Although I have
never been a fan of Kandinsky's ( I do like to see some sort of technical
skill demonstrated in a work of art), i will be among the first to say
how much Monet sucks.  For as much as we get Monet rammed down our
throats, his paintings lack personality and emotional depth.

jen

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: